Date: Friday, May 20 2022 to Sunday, October 23 2022
Part of Cape Breton Highlands National Park, MacIntosh Brook Campground is nestled in the Grande Anse Valley, a hardwood valley between North and MacKenzie Mountains, 5 km from Pleasant Bay. GPS Location: N46 48.753 W60 46.063
Description: A wide open, grassy area with 10 unserviced sites alongside MacIntosh Brook. This is a beautiful campground to enjoy breathtaking fall scenery. Charge up at our EV charging stations before continuing on your journey.
● Washrooms with flush toilets
● Large kitchen shelter with wood stoves
● Boil water before drinking
● An emergency call box is available as cell service is unreliable in this area
Pay by self-registration or at Parks Canada Visitor Centres
There are several walking and hiking trails nearby:
● MacIntosh Brook – for a walk in old-growth forest along the river to a waterfall. Interpretive panels share Mi’kmaw culture.
● Lone Shieling – to see a replica of a Scottish crofters hut
● Fishing Cove – Hike from the top of the mountain down to a small ocean cove, where a Scottish fishing community once existed on the rugged coast. One of the most challenging trails in the park!
Park is open year-round but full visitor services are only available from mid-May until mid-October.
Please be responsible and join with us in caring for our environment. Take your garbage with you, keep wildlife at a safe distance, and stay on designated trails to protect fragile plant life.
Nature, other visitors, and future generations will be thankful for your stewardship.
Save your email so you won't have to type it in next time!